Notes from the NSME committee meeting of relevance to Northackon:
- If we choose dates for events sufficiently in the future, they can enter the Blower magazine (bimonthly, due out soon) and the events calendar of the club, so other NSME members can easily find out what we’re up to. This is also good planning anyway.
- Money for guest members and money for refreshments both go in the same pot by the kettle, there’s no paperwork involved.
- The NSME AGM is on Tuesday 15th February for Northackton members that are also NSME members.
- There is discussion in the NSME of organising workshop courses as the workshops are currently underused. Previously a Model Engineering course ran from the Wellingborough campus of Tresham College, but this is not in the 2010-11 prospectus.
- We reported back that we’ve been accepted into the Maker Faire UK 2011, can take NSME leaflets up to distribute for the May opening (details below), and gave details of our recent talks.
- For the May opening, we’d be welcome to have a stall in their marquee and/or to put on some activities in the parkland adjacent, from midday onwards. R/C planes would not be permitted, but the kites are of interest.
Specifically regarding May, the NSME are having a Grand Reopening on Monday May 2nd. The Mayor of Northampton will be unveiling the new station names and opening each line. All rides to the public will be free for the day. The actual opening will be occuring around 1pm, but the site will be open to the public from midday. Suggestions for activities are welcome, but don’t forget the Park will also be used for public parking for the day as well.